I. Training objectives
This major aims to cultivate high-quality applied talents with high-quality thinking, solid foundation, practical ability, and strong moral, intellectual, physical, aesthetic and labor all-round development. Targeted to design integrated circuit and all sorts of electronic information systems, this program aims at training advanced talents who can grasp fundamental integrated circuit theories, methods and EDA tools,and have a certain international vision. These talents can meet the demands of scientific research, engineering design, technique development, project management for the integrated circuit and system and its related fields. Graduates of this major are supposed to achieve the following aims after five years:
1. Be equipped with solid mathematical, basic knowledge of natural science, good humanistic accomplishment, social responsibility and professional ethics;
2. Master the basic theory and technology of the field of electronic science and technology, have the ability to design solutions for complex engineering problem in the field of electronic science and technology and its related fields. Can undertake engineering projects in the related fields of electronic science and technology;
3. Have the ability of literature retrieval and data inquiry; understand the frontier of electronic science and technology and its development trend;
4. Have good command and communication skills, teamwork and organization and management skills;
5. Have a good sense of initiative development, innovative spirit, and have the ability of independent lifelong learning;
6. Have international vision and good foreign language application ability.
1. Engineering knowledge: Be equipped with the ability to use mathematics, natural sciences, engineering and expertise to solve complex engineering problems such as modeling, design and optimization of electronic science and technology.
2. Problem Analysis: Be able to apply the basic principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering science to identify and express, and through the literature research and analysis of various electronic information system’s needs, objectives and other areas of complex engineering problems in order to obtain effective conclusions.
3. Design / Development Solution: Design solutions for complex engineering problems in the field of electronic science and technology, design electronic information systems, and other technologies that meet specific needs and be able to embody innovation in the design process, Health, safety, legal, cultural and environmental factors.
4. Experimental design and information processing: Can make research on complex engineering issues in the field of electronic science and technology based on scientific principles and scientific methods, including the design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and through information synthesis to be reasonable and effective conclusions.
5. The application of modern tools: Be able to develop, select and use appropriate technologies, resources, modern engineering tools and information technology tools for complex engineering issues in the field of electronic science and technology, including the prediction and simulation of complex engineering problems in automation systems and the ability to understand its limitations.
6. Social responsibility: Have the ability to conduct rational analysis based on engineering-related background knowledge, use electronic science and technology project design, implementation and evaluation of standardized evaluation of professional engineering practice and complex engineering problem solutions on social, health, safety, legal and cultural impact, and understand the responsibility should bear.
7. Environment and Sustainable Development: Have the ability to understand and evaluate the impact of engineering practices on complex engineering issues in electronic science and technology for environmental and social sustainable development.
8. Professional ethics and norms: Have the humanities, social science accomplishment, and social responsibility, can understand and comply with engineering ethics and norms in the project practice of electronic science and technology, and can fulfill the responsibilities.
9. Teamwork: Have the ability to take on individual, team members, and responsible roles in a multidisciplinary team.
10. Communication: Communicate and communicate effectively with industry peers and the public on complex engineering issues such as design, research and development of information systems, including writing reports and design manuscripts, presenting statements, clearly expressing or responding to directives, and have a certain international perspective , be able to communicate and communicate in a cross-cultural context.
11. Project management: Understand, master and apply the principles of engineering management and economic decision-making methods under the multidisciplinary environment of electronic science and technology projects.
12. Lifelong learning: Be equipped with independent learning and lifelong learning awareness, have the ability to continue to learn and adapt to the development of society.
Attached: Cultivation target realization matrix
Training Goal 1
Training Goal 2
Training Goal 3
Training Goal 4
Training Goal 5
Training Goal 6
Graduation Requirement 1
Graduation Requirement 2
Graduation Requirement 3
Graduation Requirement 4
Graduation Requirement 5
Graduation Requirement 6
Graduation Requirement 7
Graduation Requirement 8
Graduation Requirement 9
Circuit analysis basis, analog electronic technology, digital electronic technology, semiconductor physics, semiconductor devicephysics, the design of analog integrated circuit, the design of digital integrated circuit, microelectronic processing technique, analog and digital signal processing, automatic control principle, principles and applications of microcomputer.
IV. Recommended length of the program：4 years
V. Degree: Bachelor of Engineering
Students who have completed the required minimum credits for graduation and meet the requirements of Wuhan University of Science and Technology for awarding a bachelor's degree will be awarded a bachelor's degree in engineering.