I. Training objectives
This major aim to cultivate high-quality applied talent in robot industry, who all-round develops of moral, intellectual, physical, aesthetics and labor, owns solid knowledge on mathematics, physics and robot, grasps technique in information, auto-control, computer software and hardware, and algorithm designation, masters skill in designation, development and application of robot system, and is with highly practical ability and creative spirit. Graduates of this major are supposed to achieve the following aims in about five years:
1. Be equipped with the capability of solid basic knowledge of mathematical, natural science, good humanistic accomplishment, social responsibility and professional ethics;
2. Master the basic theory and professional knowledge in robot field. Have the innovative awareness and the practical ability in designation, development, application, maintaining, technical management of the complex robot system;
3. Have the capability of literature search and data query. Know the cutting edge and the development trend of robot technology;
4. Have good skills in communication, teamwork, organization and management;
5. Have a sense of lifelong learning. Have the ability to continue to learn and adapt to development;
6. Have certain international vision and good foreign language application ability.
1. Engineering knowledge: Be equipped with knowledge of mathematic, nature science, engineering base and expertise. Can synthesize these knowledges to solve the complex engineering problem in robot engineering and the corresponding field.
2. Problem Analysis: Be able to model and analyze the complex problem in robot engineering by applying the base principles of mathematics, nature science and engineering science about robot engineering and through the literature research and analysis.
3. Design / Development Solution: Design solutions for complex engineering problems in the field of robot, including the hardware, the software, the intelligent algorithm, the integration and the control of the robot engineering and be able to embody innovation in the design process, consider health, safety, legal, cultural and environmental factors.
4. Experimental design and information processing: Can using scientific principles and methods in modeling, simulation, optimizing and synthesis, researching of the complex engineering problem in robot engineering and the corresponding field, can combine the information to get reasonable and effective conclusions.
5. The application of modern tools: Be able to develop, select and use appropriate automation technologies, resources, modern engineering tools and information technology tools for complex engineering issues in the field of robot engineering, including the prediction and simulation of complex engineering problems in robot engineering system and have the ability to understand the limitations.
6. Social Responsibility Consciousness: Have the ability to conduct rational analysis based on engineering-related background knowledge, use the standard of designation, implementation and evaluation of the robot engineering to evaluate the influence of the professional engineering practice and the complex engineering problem solutions on social, health, safety, legal and cultural impact, and understand the responsibility should bear.
7. Environment and Sustainable Development: Have the ability to understand and evaluate the impact of engineering practices on complex engineering issues in robot engineering technology for environmental and social sustainable development.
8. Professional ethics and norms:Be equipped with a humanities and social science literacy, social responsibility, can understand and comply with engineering ethics and norms in the robot project practice, can fulfill the responsibilities.
9. Teamwork:Have the ability to take on individual, team members, and responsible roles in a multidisciplinary team.
10. Communication:Have excellent communication skills，be able to effectively communicate and exchange with industry peers and the public on complex engineering issues, including writing reports and design manuscripts, presenting statements, clearly expressing or responding to directives, have certain international perspective, can communication in a cross culture context.
11. Project management: Understand, master and apply the principles of engineering management and economic decision-making methods for the multidisciplinary environment about robot engineering project.
12. Lifelong learning: Be equipped with independent learning and lifelong learning awareness, have the ability to continue learning and adapt to development.
Attached: Cultivation target realization matrix
Training Goal 1
Training Goal 2
Training Goal 3
Training Goal 4
Training Goal 5
Training Goal 6
Graduation Requirement 1
Graduation Requirement 2
Graduation Requirement 3
Graduation Requirement 4
Graduation Requirement 5
Graduation Requirement 6
Graduation Requirement 7
Graduation Requirement 8
Graduation Requirement 9
III. Core courses
Fundamentals of Robot Techniques, Fundamentals of Mechanical Design, Microcomputer Principle and Single-chip Microcomputer Technology, Intelligent Robot System, Principle of Automatic Control, Motor Control System, Sensors and Testing Technology, Software Engineering of Robot, Dynamic Modeling and Control of Robot, Principle and Application of Artificial Intelligence.
IV. Recommended length of the program: 4 Year
V. Degree: Bachelor of Engineering
Students who have completed the required minimum credits for graduation and meet the requirements of Wuhan University of Science and Technology for awarding a bachelor's degree will be awarded a bachelor's degree in engineering.