Ⅰ.Introduction to the subject
Electrical engineering is based on electromagnetism, electrotechnics and other branches of physics. It is a basic discipline to study electromagnetic phenomena, laws and their applications, as well as the engineering technology to study electrical theories and methods and applications.
This discipline originated from the major of Electrification of Industrial Enterprises established in 1958, and the undergraduate major of Electrical Engineering and Automation was established in 2012. In 2013, he set up the second-level master program of New Energy Power and Control under the discipline of "Control Science and Engineering", and was approved as the first-level master program of "Electrical Engineering" in 2019.
The discipline relies on the engineering Research Center of Metallurgical Automation and Testing Technology of the Ministry of Education, Hubei Key Laboratory of Intelligent Information Processing and Real-time Industrial System, Hubei Province Electrician and Electronic Experimental Teaching Demonstration Center and other discipline platforms. And equipped with power system synthesis laboratory, new energy and distributed generation synthesis laboratory, motor control and power electronics technology laboratory and substation main equipment virtual simulation experiment platform, to provide the training of professional research and technology development required working environment
It aims to cultivate the all-round development of moral, intellectual and physical, can meet the needs of China's economic, technological and educational development, engaged in electrical engineering related with a certain innovative ability of compound high-level scientific research and engineering and technical talents. Specifically, it should:
1. Have a high sense of professionalism and responsibility, advocate scientific dedication, innovation, openness and team spirit, be honest and trustworthy, and abide by academic ethics.
2. Have active academic thinking and strict logical thinking, master solid and broad basic theories and systematic and in-depth specialized knowledge of electrical engineering, and have the ability to independently engage in scientific research. Be engaged in research, design, management, or other engineering and technical work in the direction of new energy power generation and micro-grid, power electronics and power transmission, power system operation and control, power quality analysis and control, condition monitoring and fault diagnosis of electrical equipment.
3. Master the professional technology and methods of engineering design, experimental testing and comprehensive analysis of electrical engineering, have the skills of researching and developing electrical equipment and its system, have the awareness of electric power occupational safety, technical ability and good organization and coordination ability.
4. The ability to independently acquire new knowledge, search and analyze information, have good language and written expression ability, have the ability to write academic papers and works, and master and use a foreign language for literature reading and academic communication of the subject.
Ⅲ. Research Direction
1. New energy power generation and microgrid
2. Power electronics and power transmission
3. Power quality analysis and control
4. Power system operation and control
5. State monitoring and fault diagnosis of electrical equipment
Ⅳ. Cultivation methods
The cultivation of full-time academic graduate students adopts the supervisor responsibility system. The supervisor is responsible for guiding the graduate students to make personal training plans, write the proposal report, mid-term progress report and dissertation, carry out academic (scientific) research, organize academic exchanges, and convene the guidance team to guide the graduate students, etc. The graduate tutor guidance team is generally composed of 3~5 experts from famous universities including the tutor who have associate senior titles or above. The graduate tutor guidance team mainly assists in the daily guidance of graduate students and participates in all aspects of graduate training.
Ⅴ. Length of schooling and length of study
Full-time master degree students, the length of schooling is 3 years, the length of study is generally 2~3 years; Part-time graduate students study for a master's degree, the length of schooling is 3 years, the length of study is generally 3~4 years. The maximum length of study for master's degree should not exceed 5 years (including suspension).
1. Opening report
A written report on the topic of the thesis will be recorded for 1 credit, and the score will be registered as pass/fail.
Before the research topic is formally established, the graduate students should complete the proposal report and apply for the proposal. After obtaining the supervisor's consent, the thesis can enter the stage after the thesis defense and discussion in the opening defense meeting. The written opening report should generally be 0.5~ 10,000 words; There are generally no less than 40 references, among which foreign literature is not less than one third of the total literature, and the literature published in the last five years is generally not less than one third. The opening report and defense shall be examined, attended and signed by 3~5 teachers with associate professors or doctoral degrees. Those who fail to pass the defense must make a new opening report. After passing the evaluation of the opening report, he/she must complete the "Master's Opening Report" and submit it to the school for retention. It will be included in the degree file upon graduation.
In principle, the opening report of graduate students should be completed in the third semester, and may be postponed to the fourth semester under special circumstances. In order to ensure sufficient time for thesis work, the time interval between submission of thesis proposal and thesis defense should not be less than 9 months.
2. Academic communication
Academic exchange is a compulsory course for full-time academic postgraduate students. One credit is required, and the score is determined by passing/failing registration.
Postgraduate students must attend at least 15 academic exchanges. There should be written records for each academic exchange and a book for academic reports
26 materials and submit to the supervisor for signature and approval. Before applying for the degree, the written record signed by the supervisor shall be submitted to the college for record and corresponding credits shall be recorded. 3. Interim progress report
Graduate students must report the progress of the dissertation in the form of report, and the graduate supervisor and members of the research group participate in the evaluation and guidance, 1 credit, the score is registered according to pass/fail. An interim progress report must be completed during the fifth semester.
Graduate students to complete all training links, degree thesis with reference to the requirements of the relevant the wuhan university of science and technology, PhD, master's graduate students to apply for the regulation of degree academic achievements ", wuhan university of science and technology of doctor, master's degree awarded work detailed rules and the wuhan university of science and technology graduate dissertation testing regulations (try out) "and other documents.
In addition to referring to the above documents, the graduate students of electrical engineering academic degree should also meet the relevant requirements of the School of Information Science and Engineering/School of Artificial Intelligence for the graduate students to apply for the degree and obtain academic results